I don’t often have to drive far in rush hour nowadays (having relocated our company’s offices to 15 minutes from our house a couple of years ago – ‘yay’ to being the boss!) But I had a seminar in Central Birmingham early doors today so had to brave the commute. Obviously the radio was tuned to Heart West Midlands and Ed and Rachel with whom I do like to share my morning if possible!
Today they were asking if anyone had plans between now and Chrimbo (whilst Rachel has her graduation to look forward to, Ed has a total wasteland between now and then) – so I called up with news of my exciting trip to Chicago next week with 2 of my friends. Girls weekend to visit a friend who lives across the Atlantic – as you do! I am very excited about the whole thing (and will no doubt bore you all to tears about it across all social media!)
But when I posted on Facebook that I’d been on the radio this morning – my sister and husband both commented ‘not again’ – which got me to thinking – am I practically blogging on the radio?!?!
Now this is clearly not true – as I’ve only been on a handful of times – but it has been almost every time I’ve texted in!! Now either I am hilarious (obvs!), or not that many people text in (possibly – it’s a frantic time of day in most houses – so for me it’s only when I’m stuck in traffic that I have chance to text!) or that my points of reference are relevant due to being a similar age to Ed and Rach?!
So far I’ve discussed:
- Girls’ weekend in Chicago;
- Always buying 2 pairs of knickers for every bra so you can wear the bra for 2 days;
- Taking in board games to school at the end of term;
- The ‘Next’ delivery driver touching my heavily pregnant bump (don’t miss the p – that would be a very different tale!);
- The first world disaster of not having any white wine that’s cold; and
- Something to do with gin – but I can’t remember exactly what – possibly due to too much gin?!?
Pretty diverse really! Wonder what it will be next…………..