I am somewhat renowned for being a bit bah humbug when it comes to certain things – primarily Christmas and Disney!
I am also known for sucking the fun out of things for being over competitive. There were the owls in and around Birmingham in the summer of 2014. Way after the kids had lost interest I was still insisting we travel around the greater Birmingham area to ensure yet more inanimate objects were ticked off our master schedule (I’m still quite annoyed we didn’t see them all!) And then there was a friends’ wedding recently where I managed to drop the f bomb in front of the entire reception. There had been a quiz, but 3 teams had drawn and so there was a round of ‘heads and tails’ to decide who won (deciding a quiz with a game of chance somewhat rankles!) Anyway, I’m still *almost* sure that the coin was ‘f*cking tails’ as I announced to everybody present……..
Anyway, back to the whole bah humbug about Christmas / Disney thing (which is mostly to off set the fact that my husband is obsessed with both – just imagine him in the Disney Christmas shop!) We’re off to Disneyland Paris this half term.
Last time we went it was Christmas – so at least this time it will be Halloweened up rather than that (small mercies and all that!).
We’ve been a couple of times before. I have just about recovered from the first time – about a decade ago – where 2 glasses of warm milk on room service cost 38 Euros! Admittedly the exchange rate was better than the practically parity it is now – but still!
So – I’m going to try and embrace this trip.
1. Be pleasant to all characters (I almost punched “Mary Poppins” at Epcot)
2. Not stress about the order we go round the rides (although I want to Fastpass the ass out of both parks!)
3. Be patient when queuing (hey, I did queuing theory as part of my maths degree – but that isn’t about how rubbish Europeans are at the entire concept)
4. Not moan about the food (you’re in France, where amazing cuisine is prevalent, but everything available at the park is either simple carbohydrate, fried, or often both!)
5. Generally have a ‘tres’ magical time
And I plan to do all of this whilst *possibly* staying on the wagon. We shall see.
More updates coming soon…….
[Edited to add – this would not post from Birmingham airport this morning, so we’ve already done half a day at Disney. I have already struggled with items 3 and 5…….]
2 thoughts on “Disneyland Paris – the prologue…..”
[…] So day 1 has been survived. And as far as my plans go from my prologue: […]
[…] blogged about our half term trip to Disneyland Paris, from my proposed behaviour plans in the prologue, to the ‘fun’ in the rain for Day 1, the lunch with Princesses on day 2, the […]